We chose to rent this property for its apparent luxury, privacy and, of course, the Caribbean climate.
We were particularly attracted to the idea of the hot tub, BBQ, the swimming pool and the availability of a computer.
A taxi service was arranged for our collection at the airport and when we arrived at the property the guardian was there to greet us. It was fortunate that we spoke French because the guardian did not speak English.
Once left to explore the villa we found many things were not as expected.
Some of the problems were :
1) The computer did not work.
2) The TV set did not work.
3) The swimming pool alarms did not work and this made it dangerous to have children
on the property.
4) The hot tub did not heat.
5) The refrigerator and oven were in a soiled state.
6) The BBQ was dismantled, rusty, without gas and unusable.
We were unable to contact the guardian initially because of the Xmas holiday, but eventually... más