First of all, we want to be very objective describing about what you are going to get, and what not, there are a lot of pros, but also a lot of cons to consider before renting or returning to this house.
- The location is excellent, just 8 minutes from the center of bacalar, on the coast, which makes it a very safe and uncomplicated place. Very easy to get to.
- The garden is huge and has a terrace facing the lagoon that lets you enjoy the magnificence of the lagoon, excellent for sitting to meditate, have a drink, a coffee or just take photos.
- It has a "private" dock with access to the lagoon to get into the water and enjoy the sound and colors of the water.
- The owner is pet friendly! What makes it much easier to feel at home and bring your dog, besides that there lives a very friendly dog that really makes your stay very pleasant, as it does not bother anyone, it alerts you when someone calls or approaches the house or simply makes you company.
- Javier, the boy in charge of receiving us, giving us access and delivering keys is always available and very attentive.
- The house needs general maintenance URGENTLY, the furniture in the living room are dirty, there is a lot of humidity inside it, the main bed is small and it is the second time that the sheets and towels are dirty.
- There are not two bathrooms as advertised, and if it is one that is outside the house is completely dirty and unusable. Also the main bathroom was again dirty and without basic services like paper, so if that does not matter to you, you have to bring your own toilet paper.
- If you plan to cook, you also have to bring the necessary, kitchen utensils are limited.
- Make sure there is gas for the stove and the water heater! It is very unfortunate that we had to be without gas to cook!.
- Down at the exit of the dock there is NO PRIVACY, EVERYONE that is staying in the club next door crosses to the dock of the house (workers and clients), you can not have privacy since, in addition to this the owner allows the boats to be tied to the dock, which means that those who drive/rent them are constantly coming and going along , even with beer in their hands and with an attitude of arrogance knowing that we were trying to rest there, which seems to me a lack of respect for our tranquility and privacy, We never knew what to do since we do not know the people who cross the border of the house.
Honestly there is a lot to improve, because it is not the first time we stayed here, but although to us the deficiencies of an old house we do not care much, but it was a real headache the lack of privacy that exists due to The people at the club next door, which honestly does not make your stay quiet, which will make us think twice about wanting to return since the first time was actually a peaceful place to relax and forget about everything. I really hope they fix this.