thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to leave a review. We are, as we already told you, very sorry that your time at the house did not meet your expectations. Normally we are also very happy for any constructive criticism as it helps us to improve our services, however, on this occasion, we do not feel that the comments you have made are fair for the reasons that are outlined in the following:
- house not ready upon entry: the house was indeed not ready upon your entry at 11:00am, but only at 2:00pm, this however, was agreed previously with you. Only upon your insistence and understanding you have a young child we happily agreed for you to be able to exceptionally enter the house at 12:00, thus prior to the normal entry time of 14:00. We had also told you that by then the house would not be ready as the previous guests only left at 11:00am the same day. Ultimately, without further coordination, you chose to enter the house already at 11:00am.
- house not clean upon entry: normally the house is cleaned entirely prior to any new guests arriving. We are not in a position to know whether the cleaning left anything to desire on your occasion, but, if this should have been the case, it would have been important to mention it as early as possible, so we could have sent someone to check and clean again if required. We had many exchanges regarding the below points in the first two days, but you did not mention anything in this respect. We have nevertheless passed your message to our administrators in order to ensure that the cleaning is being carried out as thoroughly as possible prior to the entry of any guest
- washing machine allegedly not working: upon your notification that the washing machine did not work correctly our administrators immediately came to the house, checked the washing machine and confirmed that it was in fact working correctly. The following day, after it allegedly did not work again, they immediately came round a second time again and again just to confirm that rather than not working correctly it was not operated correctly. On this occasion please let me also mention that since your departure two more holiday parties have stayed at the house and both have confirmed that the washing machine is working correctly.
- ants in the wardrobe: there are indeed ants in the garden like anywhere else in Menorca (which is what we mentioned to you) but not inside the house as the house is being fumigated once a month. The only time we ever had a problem with ants inside the house was when there were rests of liquid or food on the floor, which should naturally be avoided. We never had ants in the wardrobe, nor did any guest ever mention that to us.
- not enough towels: we have more than 20 towels available at the house and our administrators would have been happy to provide as many as you needed if you only had mentioned anything when you spoke to them.
House in poor condition: the house has been painted inside and outside this spring, the sofa you are referring to is one year old (and was in perfect condition when we spent two weeks at the house in July 2019), the main bathroom has been reformed only a year ago, the entire garden has been remodelled with lots of new flowers planted
Again we are very sorry that your time at the house did not meet your expectations but we do not feel that we could have done more from our side to meet your expectations.
Thanks and best regards for your attention