I stayed in this apartment 4 days over New Year's December 2013 - January 2014 on a return trip to Peru. Here are my thoughts:
- the apt is exactly as pictured - furnishings are modern and decent quality
- functional kitchen with utensils, dishes, shelves
- bathroom has a nice long counter and shelves behind frosted glass to store beauty products
- the bathroom, the glass shower, and apartment was clean upon arrival
- bathroom towels, bedsheets, etc, provided
- best location in the heart of Miraflores literally two buildings down from the main intersection entrance of Kennedy Park, a large park with food vendors, surrounding restaurants, "pizza alley" across the street with many upscale touristy restaurants, clubs, and bars.
- 5 -8 min walk to the chocolate museum
- 15-20 min walk to the Parque de Amor and the cliffside mall you don't want to miss, Larcomar. It is a very pleasant walk in the winter (Dec - Feb) as these are the summer months in Peru and the temps in Lima are high 70s / low 80s with a strong sun.
*In the summer (May - Aug), it is quite damp, grey, and foggy, much like San Francisco. Wear sweaters, pants, and jackets.
- 5 minutes past Larcomar (down the hill) is the rocky beach/coastline.
- several buses stop for pick ups on the street in front of Kennedy Parque, 1/2 block from the apartment.
- Gated complex - outdoor iron gate that residents and renters have a key to open
- 24-hr security is at the desk inside.
- Most residents here appear to be owners. They are quiet, normal.
- the WI-FI signal is very strong and consistent here. Yay!
- decent flush toilet and hot water in shower - not always acknowledged, but always appreciated.
- flat screen tv, but I do not remember using it.
- initially, it was difficult to find because it's on a main street, there are 2 different Avenida Benavides - and confusion with several cab drivers as to which one it was, or which end of the street, etc . . . Even though my friend, a Peruvian who lives in Lima, was in the cab with me, it took over an hour to find it. I suggest you tell the cab driver the address and then tell him to drive to KENNEDY PARK. From there, it's a snap, and you will never be lost.
- it is a bit smaller than the pictures appear. It is perfect for one or two people; it would be a tight fit with children or more guests.
- There were a few stray ants on the breakfast bar countertop
- the bed was a tad hard, but not as hard as most Peru beds. (Americans are quite soft)
- Lima traffic outside the window can be heard at most hours, although this is typical in Lima. I heard mostly cars and horns when they honked at each other. Luckily, I did not hear many car alarms or any construction noise.
- I think this unit was a tad pricier than others in the area considering its smaller size, but the advantage is clearly the quality and location
- easy check-in and check-out via email and the front desk.
- no screens on the windows that open to the street (typical in Peru)
- the sliding door to the bathroom was stuck/ very difficult to open and close. I stayed alone, so I just left it open, but if privacy is a concern, it could be a deal-breaker
- the toilet and shower are in the same room, and only accessible via the bedroom; again, this could be a privacy concern if you are traveling with an acquaintance
- the family across the hall kept cooking delicious-smelling food and did not invite me to eat with them
Every traveler has his/her own priorities, but to sum it up, the location of this apartment is prime, walking distance to most attractions in Miraflores and/or bus/taxi distance to other Lima districts, such as Barranco and San Isidro.
You really can't go wrong with any rental in Miraflores, as far as safety and location. It is the most expensive area, but you can walk around or ride the bus at any hour, safely as a group or a single person.
Hope that helps! Happy travels!